Website Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: August 1, 2020
Each end-user visitor to the Site (“User”, “you” or “your”) agrees to the terms of the Agreement, in their entirety, when she/he: (a) accesses or uses the Site; (b) accesses and/or views any of the: () links to third-party resources and other information (“Third-Party Links”); and/or (ii) blog posts, text, video and/or other information pertaining to various products and/or services made available on the Site (the “Informational Content”, and together with the Third-Party Links, the “Content”); (c) access links to Quantum Digital Media, Inc’s™ social media pages/accounts (collectively, “Social Media Pages”) on third-party social media websites, such as Facebook®, Google+®, LinkedIn® and Twitter® (“Social Media Websites”); and/or (d) utilizes the various surveys, listings, contact forms and/or contact information made available on the Site as a means to contact directly, or request to be contacted by, Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ and/or Quantum Digital Media, Inc’s™ third-party insurance product service providers (“Third-Party Service Providers”) (collectively, the “Contact Services” and together with the Site, Content and Social Media Pages, the “Site Offerings”).
PLEASE REVIEW THE TERMS OF THE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. IF A USER DOES NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS OF THE AGREEMENT IN THEIR ENTIRETY, THAT USER IS NOT AUTHORIZED TO USE THE SITE OFFERINGS IN ANY MANNER OR FORM.
THE AGREEMENT CONTAINS DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES, LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, RELEASES, A CLASS-ACTION WAIVER, AND THE REQUIREMENT TO ARBITRATE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS THAT MAY ARISE HEREUNDER AGAINST QUANTUM DIGITAL MEDIA, INC, AS WELL AS ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, RELATED PARTIES, THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS AND MARKETING PARTNERS (COLLECTIVELY, “COVERED PARTIES”), WHO ARE EXPRESS THIRD-PARTY BENEFICIARIES OF THE MANDATORY ARBITRATION PROVISION. THE AFOREMENTIONED PROVISIONS ARE AN ESSENTIAL BASIS OF THE AGREEMENT.
NEW JERSEY STATE RESIDENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO REVIEW THEIR RIGHTS UNDER THE AGREEMENT, AS PROVIDED UNDER THE NEW JERSEY TRUTH-IN-CONSUMER CONTRACT WARRANTY AND NOTICE ACT (“TCCWNA”).
Please be advised that Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ does not itself offer the insurance-related products and/or services featured on the Site, and the ultimate terms and conditions of any insurance-related products and/or services made available via the Contact Services will be determined by the applicable Third-Party Service Providers.
Reliance on any information made available to you by and through the Site Offerings, including the Content, is solely at your own risk. Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ disclaims any and all liability for any loss, damage or injury based on information directly or indirectly obtained through the Site Offerings.
Facebook® is a , Inc. Google+® is a registered trademark of Google, Inc. LinkedIn® is a registered trademark of LinkedIn Corporation. Twitter® is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc. Please be advised that Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ is not in any way affiliated with any of the aforementioned entities, nor are the Site Offerings endorsed, administered or sponsored, by any of the aforementioned entities.
1. Scope; Modification of Agreement. The Agreement constitutes the entire and only agreement between Users and Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ with respect to Users’ use of the Site Offerings, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements, representations, warranties and/or understandings with respect to same. Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ may amend the Agreement from time to time in its sole discretion, without specific notice to Users; provided, however, that any amendment or modification to the arbitration provisions, prohibition on class action provisions or any other provisions applicable to dispute resolution (collectively, “Dispute Resolution Provisions”) shall not apply to any disputes incurred prior to the applicable amendment or modification. The latest Agreement will be posted on the Site, and Users should review the Agreement prior to using any Site Offerings. By a User’s continued use of the Site Offerings, that User hereby agrees to comply with all of the terms and conditions contained within the Agreement effective at that time (other than with respect to disputes arising prior to the amendment or modification of the Dispute Resolution Provisions, which shall be governed by the Dispute Resolution Provisions then in effect at the time of the subject dispute).
2. Requirements; Termination of Access to the Site Offerings. The Site Offerings are available only to individuals who can legally binding contracts under applicable law. The Site Offerings are not intended for use by individuals under eighteen (18) years of age (or the applicable age of majority, if greater than eighteen (18) years of age in their respective jurisdictions). If a User is under eighteen (18) years of age (or the applicable age of majority, if greater than eighteen (18) years of age in her/his respective jurisdiction) and/or if that User is unable to legally binding contracts under applicable law, that User does not have permission to use and/or access the Site Offerings. Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ may terminate a User’s access to the Site Offerings at any time and for any reason, in its sole discretion. Such reasons may include, without limitation, where Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ believes that such User is: () in any way in breach of the Agreement; and/or (ii) engaged in any improper conduct in connection with the Site Offerings.
3. Contact Services. The Contact Services provide Users with the ability to easily contact, or request to be contacted by, Third-Party Service Providers that have chosen to advertise on the Site (the “Third-Party Services”). Where a User attempts to utilize the Contact Services, that User may be required to submit, and Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ may collect, some or all of the following information: (a) the User’s e-mail address; (b) the User’s full name; (c) the User’s telephone number; (d) the User’s mailing address; (e) the User’s gender; (f) the User’s date of birth; (g) whether or not the User has obtained insurance in the preceding thirty (30) days; (h) general information, depending on the type of insurance requested, regarding the User’s automobile, health, height/weight, home ownership status, status as a smoker/non-smoker, any history of serious illness and other similar information; and () any other information collected via the applicable Contact Services form (collectively, “Contact Data”).
Please be advised that Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ does not itself offer the insurance-related products and/or services featured on the Site, and the ultimate terms and conditions of any insurance-related products and/or services made available via the Contact Services will be determined by the applicable Third-Party Service Providers. You understand and agree that Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ shall not be liable to you or any third party for any products and/or services offered by any Third-Party Service Providers.
4. Non-Endorsement; Passive Conduit.
(a) Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any Third-Party Service Provider that is accessible by or through the Contact Services and/or other Site Offerings. The Third-Party Service Providers that are accessible by and through the Contact Services pay a fee for access to the Users that utilize the Contact Services. Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ does not guarantee that Users will successfully find any specific products and/or services through use of the Site Offerings.
(b) Please use caution and common sense when using the Site Offerings. Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ in no way endorses the content or legality of any responses, statements or promises made by any Third-Party Service Providers and/or any other parties featured on the Site or otherwise through the Site Offerings.
(c) The choice of insurance product and service providers should not be based solely on advertisements or claims of expertise offered by any Third-Party Service Provider. Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ does not review the standing of any Third-Party Service Provider with any regulatory authority and/or governmental agency. Therefore, Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ makes no representation regarding the status, standing or ability of any Third-Party Service Providers. When considering utilizing the insurance-related services offered by a Third-Party Service Provider, Users should check that Third-Party Service Provider’s industry standing, past practices and reputation.
(d) Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ does not involve itself in the agreements between Users and Third-Party Service Providers, or any relationships created thereby. Therefore, Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ does not make any representations regarding the competency, trustworthiness, honesty, integrity and/or behavior of the Third-Party Service Providers. Each User, and not Quantum Digital Media, Inc™, is solely responsible for assessing the competency, trustworthiness, honesty and integrity of all Third-Party Service Providers that the User communicates with via the Contact Services and/or other Site Offerings.
5. Content; Third-Party Links. The Site contains Content which includes, but is not limited to, text, video and other information pertaining to insurance-related products and services, as well as regularly updated Third-Party Links. The Content is offered for informational purposes only and subject to the disclaimers contained herein, and on the Site.
6. Interactions. Users are solely responsible for their interactions with Third-Party Service Providers and other . Because Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ is not involved in User interactions, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more Third-Party Service Providers and/or other third-parties, you hereby release Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ from any and all claims, demands and/or damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of, or in any way connected with, such disputes.
7. Representations and Warranties. Each User hereby represents and warrants to Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ as follows: (a) the Agreement constitutes such User’s legal, valid and binding obligation which is fully enforceable against such User in accordance with its terms; and (b) such User understands and agrees that such User has independently evaluated the desirability of utilizing the Site Offerings and that such User has not relied on any representation and/or warranty other than those set forth in the Agreement.
8. Indemnification. Each User agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Quantum Digital Media, Inc™, its shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents and attorneys, harmless from and against any and all liabilities, claims, actions, suits, proceedings, judgments, fines, damages, costs, losses and/or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees, court costs and/or settlement costs) arising from and/or related to: (a) any dispute between that User and any Third-Party Service Provider or other third-party; (b) User’s breach of the Agreement and/or any representation or warranty contained herein; and/or (c) User’s improper and/or unauthorized use of the Site Offerings in any manner whatsoever. The provisions of this Section 8 are for the benefit of Quantum Digital Media, Inc™, its parents, subsidiaries and/or affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, shareholders, licensors, suppliers and/or attorneys. Each of these individuals and entities shall have the right to assert and enforce these provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
9. License Grant. Each User is granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable and limited license to access and use the Site Offerings. Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ may terminate this license at any time for any reason. Unless otherwise expressly authorized by Quantum Digital Media, Inc™, Users may only use the Site Offerings for their own personal, non-commercial use. No part of the Site Offerings may be reproduced in any form or incorporated into any information retrieval system, electronic or mechanical. No User or other third-party may use any automated means or form of scraping or data extraction to access, query or otherwise collect material from the Site Offerings except as expressly permitted by Quantum Digital Media, Inc™. No User or other third-party may use, copy, emulate, clone, rent, lease, sell, modify, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or transfer the Site Offerings, or any portion thereof. No User or other third-party may create any “derivative works” by altering any aspect of the Site Offerings. No User or other third-party may use the Site Offerings in conjunction with any other third-party content. No User or other third-party may exploit any aspect of the Site Offerings for any commercial purposes not expressly permitted by Quantum Digital Media, Inc™. Each User further agrees to indemnify and hold Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ harmless for that User’s failure to comply with this Section 9. Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ reserves any rights not explicitly granted in the Agreement.
10. Proprietary Rights. The Site Offerings, as well as the organization, graphics, design, compilation, magnetic translation, digital conversion, software, services and other matters related to same, are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary (including, but not limited to, intellectual property) rights. The copying, redistribution or publication by any User or third-party of any part of the Site Offerings is strictly prohibited. No User or other third-party acquires ownership rights in or to any content, document, software, services or other materials viewed by or through the Site Offerings. The posting of information or material by and through the Site Offerings does not constitute a waiver of any right in or to such information and/or materials.
11. Legal Warning. Any attempt by any individual to damage, destroy, tamper with, vandalize and/or otherwise interfere with the operation of the Site Offerings is a violation of criminal and civil law and Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ will diligently pursue remedies against any offending individual or entity to the fullest extent permissible by law and in equity.
12. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SITE OFFERINGS AND ANY OTHER PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES OFFERED BY AND/OR THROUGH SAME ARE PROVIDED TO USERS ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE DISCLAIMER OF ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). IN PARTICULAR, BUT NOT AS A LIMITATION THEREOF, QUANTUM DIGITAL MEDIA, INC MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE OFFERINGS AND/OR ANY OTHER PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES OFFERED BY AND/OR THROUGH SAME: (A) WILL MEET ANY USER’S REQUIREMENTS; (B) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; (C) WILL BE FREE OF HARMFUL COMPONENTS; (D) WILL ENABLE ANY USER TO OBTAIN INSURANCE AND/OR REALIZE ANY SPECIFIC BENEFIT OR OUTCOME; AND/OR (E) WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE. THE SITE OFFERINGS AND ANY OTHER PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES OFFERED BY AND/OR THROUGH SAME MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, PROBLEMS OR OTHER LIMITATIONS. QUANTUM DIGITAL MEDIA, INC WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE AVAILABILITY OF THE UNDERLYING INTERNET CONNECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THE SITE OFFERINGS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY ANY USER FROM QUANTUM DIGITAL MEDIA, INC OR OTHERWISE THROUGH OR FROM THE SITE OFFERINGS SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE AGREEMENT.
13. Limitation of Liability. EACH USER EXPRESSLY UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT QUANTUM DIGITAL MEDIA, INC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO THAT USER OR ANY THIRD-PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL AND/OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF QUANTUM DIGITAL MEDIA, INC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW FOR: (A) THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OFFERINGS AND/OR ANY OTHER PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES OFFERED BY AND/OR THROUGH SAME; (B) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION, CONTENT AND/OR ANY OTHER PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED FROM OR THROUGH THE SITE OFFERINGS; (C) ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN ANY USERS, THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS AND/OR OTHER THIRD-PARTIES; (D) THE UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR ALTERATION OF, ANY USER DATA; (E) THE FAILURE TO OBTAIN INSURANCE AND/OR REALIZE ANY SPECIFIC BENEFIT OR OUTCOME; AND (F) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SITE OFFERINGS AND/OR ANY OTHER PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES OFFERED BY OR THROUGH SAME. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES TO ALL CAUSES OF ACTION, IN THE AGGREGATE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, MISREPRESENTATION AND ANY AND ALL OTHER TORTS. EACH USER HEREBY RELEASES QUANTUM DIGITAL MEDIA, INC FROM ANY AND ALL OBLIGATIONS, LIABILITIES AND CLAIMS IN EXCESS OF THE LIMITATIONS STATED HEREIN. IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT PERMIT SUCH LIMITATIONS, THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF QUANTUM DIGITAL MEDIA, INC TO ANY USER UNDER ANY AND ALL CIRCUMSTANCES WILL BE FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($500.00). NO ACTION, REGARDLESS OF FORM, ARISING OUT OF THE SITE OFFERINGS AND/OR ANY OTHER PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES OFFERED BY AND/OR THROUGH SAME, MAY BE BROUGHT BY ANY USER OR QUANTUM DIGITAL MEDIA, INC MORE THAN ONE (1) YEAR FOLLOWING THE EVENT WHICH GAVE RISE TO THE CAUSE OF ACTION. THE NEGATION OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE IS A FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN EACH USER AND QUANTUM DIGITAL MEDIA, INC. ACCESS TO THE SITE OFFERINGS WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED TO USERS WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS. SOME JURISDICTIONS, SUCH AS THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY, DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY AND IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS THE LIABILITY OF QUANTUM DIGITAL MEDIA, INC SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
14. Third-Party Websites. The Site Offerings contain links to other websites on the Internet that are owned and operated by including, without limitation, the Social Media Websites, Third-Party Service Provider websites and/or Third-Party Links. Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ does not control the information, products or services made available on, by or through these third-party websites. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ of the applicable website or any association with the website’s operators. Because Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ has no control over such websites and/or resources, each User agrees that Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ is not responsible or liable for the availability or the operation of such external websites, for any material located on or available from or through any such websites or for the protection of any User’s data privacy by . Each User further agrees that Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused by the use of or reliance on any such material available on, by or through any such site.
15. Editing, Deleting and Modification. Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to edit and/or delete any documents, information or Content appearing on the Site.
17. Dispute Resolution Provisions. The Agreement shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in New York, New York and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York (without regard to conflict of law principles). You hereby agree to arbitrate all claims that may arise under the Agreement that you may have against Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ or any of the Covered Parties, who are express third-party beneficiaries of the mandatory arbitration provision contained below. Without limiting the foregoing, should a dispute arise between you and Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ and/or any Covered Party including, without limitation, any matter concerning the Site Offerings, the terms and conditions of the Agreement or the breach of same by any party hereto: (a) you agree to submit the dispute for resolution by arbitration before the American Arbitration Association in New York, New York, in accordance with the then current Commercial Arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”); and (b) you agree to first commence a formal dispute proceeding by completing and submitting an Initial Dispute Notice which can be found may choose to provide you with a final written settlement offer after receiving your Initial Dispute Notice (“Final Settlement Offer”). If we provide you with a Final Settlement Offer and you do not accept it, or we cannot otherwise satisfactorily resolve your dispute and you wish to proceed, you must submit your dispute for resolution by arbitration before the AAA, in your county of residence, by filing a separate Demand for Arbitration, which is available online. For claims of Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00) or less, you can choose whether the arbitration proceeds in person, by telephone or based only on submissions. If the arbitrator awards you relief that is greater than our Final Settlement Offer, then we will pay all filing, administration and arbitrator fees associated with the arbitration and, if you retained an attorney to represent you in connection with the arbitration, we will reimburse any reasonable attorneys’ fees that your attorney accrued for investigating, preparing and pursuing the claim in arbitration. Any award rendered shall be final and conclusive to the parties and a judgment thereon may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Although we may have a right to an award of attorneys’ fees and expenses if we prevail in arbitration, we will not seek such an award from you unless the arbitrator determines that your claim was frivolous.
To the extent permitted by law, you agree that you will not bring, join or participate in any class action lawsuit and/or class arbitration as to any claim, dispute or controversy that you may have against any Covered Entity and/or Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ (including its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, representatives and/or assigns). You agree to the entry of injunctive relief to stop such a class action lawsuit and/or class arbitration, as applicable, or to remove you as a participant in the suit and/or class arbitration, as applicable. You agree to pay the attorney’s fees and court costs that Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ and/or any Covered Party incurs in seeking such relief. This provision preventing you from bringing, joining or participating in class action lawsuits and/or class arbitrations: () does not constitute a waiver of any of your rights or remedies to pursue a claim individually, and not as a class action or class arbitration, in binding arbitration as provided above; and (ii) is an independent agreement. You may opt-out of these dispute resolution provisions by providing written notice of your decision within thirty (30) days of the date that you first access the Site.
18. Miscellaneous. To the extent that anything in or associated with the Site Offerings is in conflict or inconsistent with the Agreement, the Agreement shall take precedence. Quantum Digital Media, Inc’s™ failure to enforce any provision of the Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision. The parties do not intend that any agency or partnership relationship be created through operation of the Agreement. Should any part of the Agreement be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. Quantum Digital Media, Inc™ may assign its rights and obligations under the Agreement, in whole or in part, to any party at any time without notice to you. The Agreement, may not however, be assigned by you, and you may not delegate your duties under it. Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section.
19. Contact Us. If you have any questions about the Agreement, Site Offerings or the practices of Quantum Digital Media, Inc™, you may email us as at: Digital Media, Inc.com; call us at: (203) 993-6409; or send us U.S. mail to: Quantum Digital Media, Inc, 6 Landmark SQ, Stamford, CT.
20. California Consumer Rights and Notices. Residents of the State of California are entitled to the following specific consumer rights information: you may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at: 400 R St., Suite 1080, Sacramento, California 95814, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254. Their website is located at: http://www.dca.ca.gov.